Had a blast at SES New York this week… at the conference we previewed some new features called My Mahalo that build semantic relationships between our users and object in our database (fancy way of saying you and the thing you own, have seen, want to see, want to read, etc.). These features take the social graph (fancy way of saying your friends) and integrates it into search results.
We got some nice insightful feedback on the product:
- CNET: Mahalo Adds User Reviews to Search Site (March 19, 2008)
- CenterNetworks: Mahalo Launches Reviews and Ratings; CEO Shares Company Stats (March 19, 2008)
- Mashable: My Mahalo Released: Crowd Sourcing Gets a Little More Social (March 19, 2008)
- Search Engine Watch: Mahalo Adds New Social Search Tools (March 19, 2008)
- Search Engine Watch: Q&A with Jason Calacanis, Founder & CEO, Mahalo.com (March 19, 2008)
- Webware: Mahalo Adds User Reviews to Search Site (March 19, 2008)
- Search Engine Roundtable: Keynote with Jason Calacanis – Official Launch of My Mahalo (March 19, 2008)
We also spent some time doing interviews with the SES team. I’ll post a couple here.