OK, my quick thoughts after four hours. The iPhone is the greatest phone ever built–that’s hands down the truth. However, it’s best to look at it as a web device with a phone thrown in. My bullet point review so far:
- Surfing the web: iPhone hands down winner. Most amazing phone ever.
- Music and video: iPhone hands down winner. Most amazing phone ever.
- Maps/weather/stocks: iPhone hands down winner. Most amazing phone ever.
- Email: iPhone not as good as Blackberry in terms of input (i.e. keyboard), but far better in terms of output (ie the iPhone screen is a DREAM).
- Camera: horrible. Really Apple… what the deal!?!?!
- Design/form factor: iPhone is the most amazing phone ever.
- Durability: The iPhone is FRACKED if you drop it. My Blackberry can–and has–been dropped 20x with no problem.
- Keyboard: Shockingly good. Steve Jobs told me at the D conference that if I trust the keyboard and give it a week it will be as good as a Blackberry. I didn’t believe him at all. Now I’m 75% sure he is right. I need three more days.
Blackberry users what say you??!
[ PS – Mahalo.com iPhone contest will launch today. ]