FYI: I’m going to talk frankly about my time at AOL and what I’m thinking of doing next at the SES conference on December 5th.
Join me if you’re in town!
|Press Release||Source: Incisive Media|
Search Engine Strategies (SES) Chicago To Feature Jason Calacanis in First and Only Appearance since Netscape Departure
Tuesday November 21, 11:35 am ET
As the search industry continues to reinvent itself at breakneck speed, marketers can make sense of it all at SES, which is hosted by Incisive Media (FTSE: INM). The recent sale of YouTube, click fraud settlements, and the rise in video search and podcasting are topics from the constantly evolving world of Web search to be aired at the premier search industry event.
Chaired and programmed by recognized search authority Danny Sullivan, SES Chicago offers a forum in which novice and experienced search marketers can learn both by networking with colleagues and by listening to expert search engine marketers and the search engines themselves. SES Chicago ’06 promises to be the largest SES Chicago ever with an increase of approximately 75 percent in fully paid attendees compared to the 2005 event.
The conference, part of the Search Engine Strategies premier global series, features over 50 sessions and panels offering up-to-the-minute advice on the search industry and search engine-related promotion.
In addition to Calacanis’ keynote, highlights in store at Search Engine Strategies Chicago ’06 include:
- Video Search Optimization — Video search engines that specialize in gathering up your video and making it available to searchers seeking such content. Learn how to make your video more visible in these specialized services.
- Meet the Podcast and Audio Search Engines — Learn about podcast and audio search and pose questions to this panel of representatives from podcast and audio search engines.
- Social Search – New for Chicago SES — Forget the old-school method of using human editors to categorize the web. Instead, search engines are tapping into human knowledge more widely through tagging, click through tracking, search history features and other methods. Learn about the social search revolution that’s underway.
- 75 Minute Search Abs — Come spend 75 minutes and we’ll give you a bunch of fast, easy tips to pump up your SEO and search marketing.
- ClickZ Network (www.clickz.com) Interactive Marketing Track — Learn about the ads beyond search, social media advertising and more.
SES Search Training Classes
SES Search Training Classes on Friday, December 8, are filling up fast. Following overwhelmingly positive feedback from the first ever Search Training classes in San Jose this year, SES has expanded the training sessions at Chicago to include four half-day classes and one full-day class at the Hilton Chicago. These classes are fee-based and can be taken in addition to the conference or independently. Visit http://www.searchenginestrategies.com/sew/chicago06/training.html
This training day was created to provide attendees with guided, hands-on exposure that puts theory into practice in a highly interactive environment. The SES Search Training Classes provide in-depth training in a small class setting, with instructors readily accessible for informal one-on-one or small group discussions. Search Engine Strategies Chicago provides a unique setting to network with fellow marketers and search engine industry professionals to discuss the trends in search engine marketing. This combination provides a high-impact learning environment.
For full information on Search Engine Strategies Chicago ’06 and other conferences in the series, visit www.searchenginestrategies.com.
About Incisive Interactive Marketing LLC — A Division of Incisive Media PLC
Incisive Media PLC is a fast-growing specialist business information provider, based in the UK but with offices in North America, Hong Kong, India and Mainland China. The company’s activities are currently built around ten core industry sectors – mortgages; marketing services; financial technology; retail investment; capital markets; risk management; insurance; legal services; private equity and photography. Information is provided via a wide range of channels–in print, in person and online. The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange (FTSE: INM).
Incisive Interactive Marketing LLC is the marketing services division of the company and incorporates leading websites Search Engine Watch, the ClickZ Network and their associated events series including Search Engine Strategies. These properties were acquired from Jupiter Media in 2005.
Ann Shannon, 978/474-1900
Incisive Media, plc
Matthew McGowan, 212-925-6990 x125