Some quick questions about Technorati:
1. If I change my domain name will I lose my inbound links or if they follow me. (i.e. when we moved from http://apple.weblogsinc.com to http://www.tuaw.com did we start over in terms of inbound links?). If you do have to start over is there a way to join the two domains with Technorati a change of address form if you will.
2. Does anyone know if you can look at historical data for a url? i.e. can I see many inbound links a day my blog has gotten? Seeing the trend would be amazing. Heck, why doesn’t Technorati show you this in a graph so you can see hot “movers” in the blogosphere. If Boingboing and Engadget get 25 links a day on average it would be cool to see that some new blog like TVSquad was averaging 25 a day. In fact, that is my biggest complaint about the 100 list on Technorati: it’s sooooooo old that it isn’t very valuable. I’d rather see the top 100 this year as the default 100 list, with “all time” being a list you can visit down the road.
3. Why are sources more important then links in the 100? Again, I think # of links is as important as sources since the more posts you have by source shows loyaltynot a bad thing. (of course # of different sources shows reach another good thing).
4. Why doesn’t the BETA site show the number of links?
5. Why does Feedster not have a top 100 list like Technorati? I’d love to compare those two lists!