Cool gig at Inside.com….
Inside.com is a network of email newsletters. We publish high quality roundups that curate, summarize, and analyze all of the most important news in many different verticals and industries. Some examples are cybersecurity, electric vehicles, virtual and augmented reality, artificial intelligence, drones, and more.
Over the past 10 months, we doubled our entire subscriber-base. Then we doubled it again. Then we doubled it a third time. And we’re just getting started. We also track net promoter scores and all of our newsletters score between 66 and 89 – which is right on par with world-renowned products like the iPhone and the Tesla Model S.
Our editorial team is masterful when it comes to creating a “presidential briefing” style update in any of these areas, but we also want to bring in voices of industry leaders to level up the content of the newsletters. This program is loosely modeled off the LinkedIn Influencer program, which you can read more about here.
We’re looking for someone to help create and grow this influencer program. The role consists of a few things:
- Developing lists of the most influential people in all of our current and upcoming verticals
- Identifying the best ways to contact and build relationships with these people
- Applying a Lean Startup methodology to your outreach efforts
- Building and maintaining relationships with our network of influencers
- Identifying key topics, events, and issues for influencers to offer input on
- Communicating actively with our editorial team to get this influencer content into our newsletters
Here are some key requirements:
- Hustle. You need to be able to track down busy, influential people and get them to talk to you. This requires creative communication, research, persistence, and hustle.
- Persistence. We mentioned this above, but it bears reiteration. You might need to email someone 6 times before you catch their attention. We need someone willing to push hard.
- Communication. This is a growth position, not an editorial position, but we are an editorial-driven company and everybody needs to be able to write and communicate well.
- Curiosity. To excel in this role, you need to be able to build a deep understanding of each of the verticals we publish in. That means knowing the events, companies, products, and most importantly, people, in each of these verticals and having your finger to the pulse of any changes or developments.