Some of these insurance company executives need to consider killing themselves. How do you deny a patient a transplant, then approve it in the 11th hour when the patient is about to die!?!
Even worse in this video the ABC reporter says it’s not CIGNA’s fault but rather our “system.” Uhhhh…. no, it is CIGNA ‘s fault. They wouldn’t give her the transplant.
These companies are making a killing, killing people. Shame.
Rawstory has the video and we are tracking Nataline Sarkisyan’s story on Mahalo.
Highly recommend you blog about this and send a message to CIGNA and other insurance companies. I’m so furious about this… I don’t know exactly what to do besides blog about it and encourage you to do the same. Maybe if CIGNA’s management team got emails about this they will take a long look in the mirror and realize they killed this girl.
15 Billion dollar market cap… almost 20B in revenue… you can’t afford a transplant?! More.
Update: If everyone did a blog post saying “F- You Cigna!” or “Screw you CIGNA!” would that get to the front page of the WSJ/NYT? Would it impact CIGNA’s stock price? I wonder what would happen if 1,000 or 10,000 bloggers did a post what impact that would have on how CIGNA treats people.
CIGNA Executive Management Team — how do you sleep at night?!
- H. Edward Hanway, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, CIGNA Corporation
- Michael W. Bell, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, CIGNA Corporation
- David M. Cordani, President, CIGNA HealthCare
- Paul E. Hartley, President, CIGNA International
- John M. Murabito, Executive Vice President, Human Resources and Services, CIGNA Corporation
- Carol Ann Petren, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, CIGNA Corporation
- Karen S. Rohan, President, CIGNA Group Insurance and President, CIGNA Dental & Vision Care
- Michael D. Woeller, Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer, CIGNA Corporation
- Google News: Nataline Sarkisyan
- ABC News: Tragedy for Teen After Surgery Denied (December 21, 2007)
- Statement from Nataline Sarkisyan: “We have a war here…They’re the ones who caused this. They’re the one that told us to go there, and they would pay for the transplant.”
- International Herald Tribune: U.S. girl dies hours after insurer reverses (December 20, 2007)
- Los Angeles Daily News: Teen dies before she can receive transplant (December 20, 2007)
- CBS Los Angeles: Cancer Survivor Dies After Transplant Is Approved (December 20, 2007)
- Yahoo! Finance: CIGNA Capitulates to Patient Revolt (December 20, 2007)
- California Nurses Association: CIGNA Capitulates to Patient Revolt
- Michael Moore: 17-Year-Old Cancer Survivor Denied Transplant (December 20, 2007)
- Daily Kos: Murder by Spreadsheet (December 20, 2007)